Canine Academy is our training- and enrichment-based version of traditional dog daycare. Dogs are eligible to join Canine Academy after completing a training program here at Peace Love Dogs. This allows the Canine Academy team to have a strong relationship with every dog and be familiar with their social preferences. This team is responsible for creating small, appropriate play groups, maintaining basic training skills, and engaging the dogs throughout the day.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about dogs. The ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic, highly dependable, and self-motivated. Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience supervising groups of dogs at play and are comfortable with all dog breeds.
- Maintain safe and engaging playgroups of 10–15 dogs and complete daily refresher training sessions as assigned.
- Be familiar with all assigned dogs including behavior and training history, dietary restrictions, social preferences, age, and owner’s name.
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by the trainers.
In addition to monitoring any health concerns, ensure the dog’s general well-being by providing them with water, mid-day treats, outside potty breaks, and meals (as needed)
- Ensure Canine Academy facility and crates are clean throughout the day (mop up accidents, vacuum floor, wash toys/bowls, etc.)
- Complete daily digital report cards to ensure clients are up-to-date on their pup’s progress.
- Be familiar with operating software.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Previous dog daycare experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable around all types of dogs
- Patience, along with a calm demeanor
- Previous work or other experience demonstrating dependability
- Ability to follow instructions and learn new things
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Ability to work in a team environment