Our Grooming Department is responsible for providing head-to-toe spa treatments to keep dogs looking as great as our training makes them feel. Our grooming packages offer premium shampoos, skin and coat treatments, nail maintenance, teeth brushing and more.
We are looking for candidates who love making dogs look their best and smell irresistible. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in the dog industry and is comfortable with all dog breeds. Preference will be given to candidates with previous dog bathing experience in a professional setting.
- Perform bath functions as requested by clients including, but not limited to, nail trims, tooth brushing, brushouts, ear cleaning, expressing anal glands and baths.
- Finish dogs as described in procedures and protocols.
- Maintain cleanliness of the groom shop throughout the workday.
- Keep bathing station stocked with supplies, tools cleaned and ready for use.
- Follow safety procedures for pets and staff at all times. Ask for assistance when a dog is stressed, very difficult to manage or showing any signs of injury.
- Walk dogs that are kept in the groom shop in accordance to procedures.
- Be familiar with operating software.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Previous dog bathing experience in a professional setting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous work or other experience demonstrating dependability
- Comfortable around all types of dogs
- Self motivated and independent worker
- Ability to work in a team environment