Our Grooming Department is responsible for providing head-to-toe spa treatments to keep dogs looking as great as our training makes them feel. Our grooming packages offer premium shampoos, skin and coat treatments, nail maintenance, teeth brushing and more.
We are looking for candidates who love making dogs look their best and smell irresistible. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience as a professional dog groomer working with a large variety of dog breeds and applied knowledge of different breed specific styles and cuts. Preference will be given to candidates with grooming certifications.
- Professionally perform basic grooming services on dogs as requested by clients and in accordance with company policy and procedure,ensuring the safety and well-being of each pet.
- Properly groom and finish dogs by using humane practices and minimizing pet stress.
- Supervise bathers and the maintenance and cleaning of the groom shop.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Keep grooming stations stocked with supplies, tools cleaned and ready for use.
- Follow safety procedures for pets and staff at all times. Ask for assistance when a dog is stressed, very difficult to manage or showing any signs of injury.
- Be familiar with operating software.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Professional grooming school graduate preferred or comparable grooming experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven humane pet handling skills
- Previous work or other experience demonstrating dependability
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Ability to work in a team environment